Unlike an earthly prince, God didn’t take a high-and-mighty title, notes 17th-century British preacher Thomas Watson. Instead, God calls himself Father to encourage us to pray to him.
But God isn’t just any father. Watson offers these reasons why God is “the best Father”:
• He is the most ancient (Daniel 7:9).
• He is perfect (Matthew 5:48).
• He is the wisest (Romans 16:27).
• He is the most loving (Zephaniah 3:17; 1 John 4:16).
• He has unsearchable riches (Ephesians 3:8).
• He can reform his children (Acts 9:11).
• He never dies (1 Timothy 6:16; Revelation 1:8).
God is more than a good, good father. He truly the best. We’re counting on it.